11.22.2010

Greek Pots, take one

My sixth grade classes have just about finished a huge unit of Greek pottery. We took a few weeks to design 2D pots with crayon, oil pastel and toothpicks for a little something like this:






Then, we spend the next 4 weeks or so actually making the pots that they designed out of red clay and coils. Their pots have been drying now for almost 2 weeks, and after the break we will be painting them with a black underglaze, and then finally firing them! I am excited to be done, but mostly excited to have my desk and counter space back. Right now, it is completely taken over by drying pots.

So, I probably won't have much to say for a week or so. Off to Washington to see the in-laws for Thanksgiving! Yay! I am so ready for a little break.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...