11.02.2010

Egyptian Death Masks

This is going to be the first of many post to come in the future. I have been so pleased with the work that my students are producing this year, and thought I would start off by sharing one of my favorite so far:
Egyptian Death Masks!
My 6th graders put these together, and I think they turned out really nicely. I gave them a piece of cardboard, had them block out a border, and draw an Egyptian head from a template I found here. Then they traced over their pencil lines in Elmer's glue. The next week, we wrapped the cardboard in tinfoil and rubbed it down smooth so the glue left a raised line, and the colored in the rest with sharpies. I gave them a handout with pictures and definitions of Egyptian symbols, told them they had to use at least 4, and have 2 patterns, and this is what they came up with:













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...