5.13.2011

tape wad

Alas, we took down the art show today.  It was a lot of work!  I have to say a big thank you to the 4th graders who helped me!  Thanks to them, we had it all down before lunch.  I received comment after comment from pass-er-by-ers saying how sad the hallways look now without any artwork.  It is true.  The school looks really empty now and we will all miss the beautiful artwork that lined the walls.  We all put a lot of work into that show.

So, as we took the work down, we started wadding together the masking tape rolls that we took off the backs of the artwork, and ended up with this:

quite the sculpture, wouldn't you say? (no wonder I don't have any tape left...)  I have never seen anything quite like it.  I guess it sort of represents all of the work that went into hanging this show.  I think I will let this giant wad of tape hang out on my desk for a little while.

1 comment:

mom/Janet said...

I'm sad for the school and students that you won't be there next year to enhance their lives with your artistic talent. What a blessing you were to them this past year. On the other hand, I'm happy for Lynlee that she will have her momma home all day with her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...