7.12.2011

today's art class: basic watercolor skills & today's painting

I have been having a lot of fun with watercolor lately and so I was really excited when my students were able to come to class for 2 hours today instead of just for one hour.  This meant we had plenty of time to do a basic introduction to watercolor skills AND then do a few paintings together.  We spent the first hour talking about and practicing basic watercolor techniques like, washes, grated washes, wet on wet and "saving your whites".

After practicing, we painted a rhino together using just flat washes and grated washes.



Next, we painted our red bowl using washes, grated washes, and then adding wet on wet and saved some whites for the reflections.  I wish that I would have taken picture of their drawings, but I forgot, so you will just have to settle for mine.

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...