So, if you remember this post, we spent some time with the sixth grade classes designing Greek pottery.
After that, as promised, we built the pots with terracotta clay and painted them with black under-glaze to learn about the techniques that the Greeks used themselves.
This was a huge ceramics project for me. I have done ceramics, but never taught it until this year, and to be completely honest, haven't really done ceramics since I, myself, was in 8th or 9th grade. So, to put it simply, this was a great learning experience for me. We had exactly 0 pots explode, which I consider a huge success, even though there were some broken handles.
I am again, so proud of my students and all of their hard work.