12.09.2010

Colonial Mural

Just finished a massive project with the fifth grade. Each class made a colonial style village mural. Each student was assigned a different trade/shop and needed to research it enough that they would be able to create a building for that shop. We spent some time learning 1 point perspective so they could put their buildings into perspective, drawing and painting their buildings one at a time and then assembling them onto a mural and completing the background. It was a very long project, but they actually turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.






1 comment:

mom/Janet said...

oh so nice. I want to be in your class. I'm not sure I could have done that at that age. Love looking at your students work and your projects. Good Job, Bridget

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...