4.26.2011

Butterfly mural

So this was one of those happy accidents. Well, actually it wasn't an accident, but I had no idea that it would turn out as well as it did. My first graders were finishing up their butterfly life cycle mobiles and I needed a "fast finisher". So, I found a simple drawing of a butterfly and used an old fashioned grid to draw an enlarged version of it it at about 1000%. So, I told my students that the papers that they were puzzle pieces and they would not know what the puzzle was until we put them all together. They were so excited! I think group projects are always a really good way to teach how your efforts don't just affect you, but those around you. Here is the finished piece. Beautiful, huh? Each piece is an 8 1/2x11" page.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...