3.23.2010

onions, oil, 6"x6"


I challenged myself on this one to only put the paint where it belonged. I mean that in several ways. On the canvas, not my clothes. And where it needed to be in the drawing, not somewhere else. As simple as that sounds, it is a constant challenge for me. I think that is what I like about painting. The challenge. And no. I didn't get any on my clothes. Small victory? Yes.



p.s. Not that anyone else probably noticed this but me but this is my 6th post this year. Last year (2009) I had 6 posts. That was it. I can already tell this is going to be a good year.

3 comments:

mom/Janet said...

How would you like to do three paintings for me similar to what you did with the onions and tomoatoes. Let's talk

Susan said...

Your onions are great! You really got the papery look of them down. I like your painting style!

platform beds said...

When I first saw that painting I thought it was a real onion. I was tricked by that perfectly painted onion. It is look so real.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...